Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Mirza Alamgir off to USA

BNP acting Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir has left for the USA from Singapore for treatment. He has blockage in his internal carotid artery. The former state minister earlier said that he was considering going to the US for a surgery to have the blockage removed. “I’m going to New York for treatment,” he told bdnews24.com on Monday night. “I have an appointment with a doctor at Cornell Hospital on Thursday morning,” he informed. Mirza Alamgir went to Singapore on July 27 for treatment. A three-member doctors’ panel examined him. “I’m going to the US as advised by the Singapore doctors,” the senior BNP leader said. “I seek blessings from the people and supporters of my party so that I get well soon and resume working for the welfare of the country.” Mirza Alamgir was in jail for six months since his arrest in early January. The Supreme Court granted him bail on medical grounds on July 14.



SHARE THIS

Author:

Facebook Comment

0 comments: