Sunday, November 22, 2015

Apples Iovine for saying women cant find music

Apple’s Jimmy Iovine apologised for a comment he made during a morning television interview in which he suggested that “some women” have difficulty finding music.


“We created Apple Music to make finding the right music easier for everyone — men and women, young and old,” Iovine said in a statement. “Our new ad focuses on women, which is why I answered the way I did, but of course the same applies equally for men. I could have chosen my words better, and I apologise.”


The remarks came during an interview on “CBS This Morning,” in which the longtime music executive talked about a new Apple Music commercial featuring Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson and Mary J. Blige discussing the music service while making dinner.


“I always knew that women, some women, at times find it very difficult to find music,” said Iovine. “And this helps make it easier with playlists, curated by real people, not by algorithms alone.”


SHARE THIS

Author:

Facebook Comment

0 comments: